- This event has passed.
3rd Annual Run for Dyslexia Scholarship 5K, 10K & Half Marathon
Dyslexia is a specific, neurobiological learning disability that can impact a child’s ability to read and write for a lifetime. While there is no cure, there are fantastic organizations that use research-based methods to help students overcome these challenges. Neuhaus Education Center is one such non-profit organization that is on the forefront of helping students with dyslexia.
Dr. Stephen Cook, a supporter and instructor at Neuhaus, is organizing the 3rd annual run to help raise scholarship money for students in the Houston area to receive dyslexia therapy with trained reading specialists. It costs approximately $5,700 for one dyslexic child to receive 1-on-1 therapy for an entire year. Their goal is to raise enough money to fund therapy for at least 2 children in need for a year. Please help them reach their goal of raising $11,400 for 2 children to be given the gift of literacy!
100% of funds raised go directly to Neuhaus Education Center’s Dyslexia Scholarship Fund.
HOW IT WORKS:
1. Register to run or watch.
2. Donate to the Dyslexia Scholarship Fund using the DONATE link. (There is no registration fee to run, as all donations should go directly to the Scholarship Fund through the DONATE link.)
3. Set yourself a personal fundraising goal & ask your friends and family to sponsor you as a runner!
4. Share this website far and wide to help raise more funds for the Dyslexia Scholarship Fund.
5. Come run or support on Saturday, February 25, 2023!