- This event has passed.
Registration deadline is July 1, 2022
Language Enrichment is a structured literacy curriculum that empowers teachers to teach successful decoding and comprehension skills for students in grades 1-3. In Language Enrichment, participants learn how and why instruction in structured literacy is effective with helping students become skilled readers.
The coursework covers instruction in:
- Decoding and encoding concepts including reliable reading and spelling patterns;
- Building fluency and accuracy in reading connected text;
- Building oral language and world knowledge;
- Developing listening and reading comprehension with strategies; and
- Implementing a daily 30-minute lesson plan
The Language Enrichment curriculum can supplement core instruction or serve as Tier II intervention.