Unexpected UnderachievementFebruary 16, 2022 11:11 am
A difficulty in learning to read or spell that is unexpected in relation to other cognitive abilities could indicate dyslexia or a related disorder. Whether there is a diagnosis or not, the instruction for students with dyslexia or a related disorder and those who are struggling with reading and spelling is the same.
In Unexpected Underachievement, participants learn:
- Models of literacy acquisition;
- Domains of language and how they impact literacy and learning;
- Characteristics of dyslexia;
- Effective activities and strategies for learning to read and spell well; and
- Appropriate accommodations